The Gates at Parkside Village

 

 

 

 












 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

News and Updates

2018 Meeting Minutes
2017 Meeting Minutes
2015 Meeting Minutes
2013-2014 Meeting Minutes


News from January 2022

NEW Initiation fee is now $1500 – not $500 as referenced in the Covenants.


2022 Board Meeting Notes

The Gates at Parkside Village
HOA Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Board Members Present: Belinda Fleming, President; Dave Goeppner, Treasurer; and Don Berry, Secretary.
Others Present: Kirk Aspegren, Sentry Management

The meeting was called to order at 6:36 PM and was conducted online.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

A. Property Maintenance Issues – Follow Up

Board discussed the most recent water leak and upcoming mediation on June 14th. Board has arranged for asphalt company to repair asphalt disrupted during repair. Cost TBD – last time cost was $1500.
Sentry will confirm prior requested roof repairs were completed satisfactorily.
Needed gutter repairs have estimated cost of $5,000. On hold until shingle repair is completed.

B. Owner and Resident Concerns

None at this time.

C. Other Items and Administrative Issues

discussed outstanding accounting questions with Sentry. Sentry will follow up.

Sentry will follow up on covenant violations and owners and residents who are not picking up after pets. Umbrellas on decks need to be closed when not in use. Sentry will send up to three notices of violations.

HOA still interested in retaining a general handyman to use as needed. A candidate was found, but did not have workers’ compensation insurance. Board will research options.

Next Meeting
Meeting concluded at 7:15. Next meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 28th, at 6:30 PM.

 


 

The Gates at Parkside Village
HOA Board Meeting
Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Board Members Present: Belinda Fleming, President; Dave Goeppner, Treasurer; and Don Berry, Secretary.
Others Present: Kirk Aspegren, Sentry Management

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM and was conducted online.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

A. Property Maintenance Issues – Follow Up

HOA Board still working to complete an inspection of the neighborhood to determine needed repairs. These include general wood damage, peeling paint, masonry issues, gutter issues and leaning mailboxes. This should be completed by next Board meeting.
Mailbox painting is part of general painting, which will be done next year.
Board confirmed that deck paint color is on the website and available to residents needing to perform deck repair and paint work.
Board will arrange for Sentry Roofing to perform another “flyover”, looking for missing shingles and other needed roof repair. Sentry Roofing can also provide gutter cleaning and repair.
Sentry Management completed their covenant review of the neighborhood and notified applicable residents of needed action items.

B. Owner and Resident Concerns
HOA Board met with owner who wished to make some landscaping changes to front of unit and agreed to pay for the cost of the changes. Board and owner came to agreement on the details of the project.

C. Other Items and Administrative Issues

HOA Board discussed the possibility of a financial assessment to meet budget shortfalls in light of needed projects next year, such as painting and roofing. The shortfalls are impacted primarily by inflation in labor and materials. By-laws state that majority of residents must approve an assessment. Sentry Management stated this could be done electronically, or a special meeting could be called. Could also be addressed at the next annual meeting. Any approved assessment could be paid in lump sum or installments.

Board discussed contents of next newsletter, which will go out to residents shortly.

Meeting concluded at 7:30. Next meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 24th, at 6:30 PM.

 


The Gates at Parkside Village
HOA Board Meeting
Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Board Members Present: Belinda Fleming, President; Dave Goeppner, Treasurer; and Don Berry, Secretary.
Others Present: Kirk Aspegren, Sentry Management.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM and was conducted online.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

A. Property Maintenance Issues

Vendor selected to perform shutter replacement and repair. Cost is $4,500, for two days. A lift is needed. Proof of insurance has been provided to Sentry Management. Shutter contractor will also provide to the HOA a list of shutters with wood rot, or in need of other repairs.
Massey Services will provide a rodent box on Monday, March 21st. Rodent droppings have been sighted in the area of the pump house and detention pond. Massey will check quarterly and replace bait.
Warranty painting on Units 609 and 620 will be done on Monday, March 21st.
HOA will compile a list of leaning mailboxes and determine needed repair. Board will also walk the neighborhood looking for general wood damage and masonry issues. Dave will prepare a form to be used for this purpose.
A handyman has been located and is a candidate for general repairs.
Kirk confirmed the fire hydrants on property were recently inspected and no issues were found.

B. Owner and Resident Concerns

One resident reached out to the Board about rainwater from gutter causing wood rot. This is possibly due to shingles being cut back several years ago. Gutters are scheduled to be replaced as part of roof replacement.

Website has been updated to indicate new initiation fee of $1500.

C. Other Items and Administrative Issues

The drive through inspection, for covenant violations, will be conducted next week. Either the third party used by Sentry, or Kirk himself will do this.
All residents in arrears on monthly fees have been brought current.
The Board discussed possibly obtaining alternate quotes for termite service and pest control.

Meeting concluded at 7:20. Next meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 26th, at 6:30. Meeting to follow will be Thursday, May 19th, at 6:30.


 

The Gates At Parkside Village
HOA Board Meeting
Thursday, February 10, 2022

Board Members Present: Belinda Fleming, President; Dave Goeppner, Treasurer; and Don Berry, Secretary.
Others Present: Kirk Aspegren, Sentry Management.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM and was conducted online.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

A. Property Maintenance Issues

Search still underway for a vendor to perform shutter replacement and repair. Estimated cost is $3,000 - $4,000 annually. Hennie is interested.
Rodent droppings have been sighted in the area of the pump house and detention pond and rodent boxes will be placed in the area. Don will contact Massey Services for pricing.
New gutters will be a part of roof replacement project, scheduled to start in 2025.

B. Owner and Resident Concerns

Unit 612 had requested a tree be removed. Decision made to trim tree, not remove, by current landscaping company.

C. Other Items and Administrative Issues

Kirk will send January financials to the Board. Kirk will schedule Sentry Management in March to perform a drive-through of the neighborhood for covenant violations.
Kirk discussed the issue of past-due HOA fees. Currently, there is one resident who is two months in arrears. Kirk will reach out and try to arrange payment.
Insurance vendor provided cost for adding workers’ compensation coverage to the policy. Sentry Management to provide vendor information to insurance agent.
Dixon Painting will perform warranty work on Unit 609. Belinda to follow up with Fernando.
Additional research of water issue to be conducted on Friday, February 11th. Work will begin at Unit 609.
Waiting on bid from Paramount to rework the water system.
Community Work Day to be scheduled for this Spring or Fall. Decision made to hire professional to refresh “No Parking” lettering.
Gutter cleaning completed in December.

Meeting concluded at 7:35.


 

The Gates At Parkside Village
HOA Board Meeting
Thursday, January 13, 2022

Board Members Present: Belinda Fleming, President; Dave Goeppner, Treasurer; and Don Berry, Secretary.
Others Present: Kirk Aspegren, Sentry Management.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM and was conducted online.

DISCUSSION ITEMS

A. Property Maintenance Issues

There is a need for new water shut-off valves in the units. There is a history of leakage resulting in extra expense for the community. A discount has been negotiated with Robert Young Plumbing. All owners will be notified of the opportunity to replace the shut-off valves.

There is a need for a handyman and stone mason for the property. Dave Goeppner and Don Berry will ask for referrals.

The possibility of Sentry performing inspections of windows, doors and decks for needed repair was discussed. This would be an expansion of the current list of responsibilities.

Belinda Fleming and Don Berry will attend training on how to restart the pump mechanism on the detention pond. Pump machine lights are now fixed. Rodent droppings have been sighted in the area and rodent boxes will be placed in the area.

Arbor Guard currently charges $2520 annually to fertilize plants and trees, and $3140 annually for pruning. Belinda Fleming will obtain another quote.

New gutters will be a part of roof replacement project, scheduled to start in 2025. Gutter cleaning has been approved, at a cost of $650. Kirk will notify the vendor.

Summer action items to be finalized in the Spring.

B. Owner and Resident Concerns

One owner asked for a change in the monthly due structure. This was declined.

One resident requested a tree located near their unit be removed. An arborist was consulted, who recommended trimming, at a cost of $350. Kathy Kilgore will consult with the current landscaping maintenance company before a final decision is made.

C. Other Items and Administrative Issues

A resident list with updated contact information is needed. There are two or possibly three LLC’s in the community (property owners) that the Board has been unable to contact. Bruce Powell is working on this.

The current $10,000 deductible on the property insurance policy will be revisited in November or December.

A Board sub-committee is needed to provide guidance, input and oversight on the ongoing lawsuit. Two residents were named to the sub-committee.

Current Board to review transition information from Pam Britt via DropBox.

Dave Goeppner and Don Berry will work on producing a quarterly newsletter for the community.

Meeting concluded at 7:55.